Wednesday 20 April 2016

April 20, 2016

Here are your tasks:
  1. Vocabulary: A Visit to the Doctor
    1. Pick 5 words or expressions to learn for meaning and pronunciation.
stethoscope
eg: The doctor put his stethoscope on my chest.

abdomen
eg:I always get pains on my abdomen.

receptionist
eg: I asked the doctor's receptionist some questions. 

particularly
eg: Today's weather is particularly good. 

strip
eg: He striped his coat when he came in.

annual
eg: Last month I did my annual physical.

breathe
breath
eg: I like to breathe the fresh air in the forest.
    1. Practise saying them in sentences, and record your sentences on Audioboom.com.
  1. Role play: Doctor-Patient Confidentiality
    1. Pick 5 new pronunciations you never knew before.
confidentiality
divulge                                                                                                                                                     
Hippocratic Oath
adhere
miraculous recovery
breach

    1. Practise saying them, and read them to a partner, who will check your pronunciation.

Dictations:

           Canada's Royal Anthem
God save our gracious Queen.

Long live our noble Queen.

God save The Queen.

Send her victorious.

Happy and glorious.

Long to reign over us.

God save The Queen.





No comments:

Post a Comment